The Organization of the 2nd Cannabisforum congress, to be held in Madrid on September 20th-21st, 2023, calls for the presentation of scientific posters under the following rules:
The subject of the poster must be related to research, development and innovation in the field of cannabis for medical purposes.
The content of the poster must be of a scientific and informative nature. Posters of a promotional or commercial nature will not be accepted.
The topic must be unpublished. It must not have been previously published or presented.
At least one of the authors must be registered in the congress, and his/her presence during the presentation time is mandatory.
All the content and presentation of the poster is the responsibility of the authors, who must hold the intellectual property of the information contained.
The presentation of the poster includes the acceptance of all these rules.
The languages of presentation will be Spanish and English.
DEADLINES FOR SUBMISSION
Submission of abstracts
For admission, the author(s) must send to the Congress Organization (firstname.lastname@example.org) between April 1st, 2023 and July 1st, 2023 the following information:
- Summary of the content in WORD format (.doc, .docx, .odt), with the following characteristics.
- Information on the author(s) for notification purposes:
- work center
- contacto person
- address for correspondence, town, province/postcode, country
- contact telephone number
- e-mail address
The congress organization will acknowledge receipt by e-mail to the address from which the application was sent.
Abstracts that do not meet the criteria below will be returned to the authors without reaching the evaluation phase.
Evaluation and acceptance of abstracts
The Evaluation Committee appointed by the Organization will evaluate the submitted abstracts and will accept or not the poster presentation during the Congress. This evaluation will be carried out from the submission of the abstract until July 31st, 2023. The acceptance of posters will be communicated after July 31st, 2023 to the authors by e-mail, with the assignment of the participation number, necessary for the placement of the poster in the space assigned for its exhibition.
Once the poster has been accepted, and until September 15th, 2023, the author or authors must send the poster in .pdf format to the Organization for its evaluation.
The author(s) must present the poster in the assigned exhibition area at the assigned time. The poster will remain on display from September 20th, 2023 until September 21st, 2023. The author(s) will be responsible for printing, placement and removal of the poster.
The following format will be used for abstract presentation:
- Font: Arial in a font size of 10 points
- Single spacing
- Paper size: DIN A4
- Left 2 cm
- Right 2 cm
- Top 2,5 cm
- Bottom 1,5 cm
- Header information: Title of the poster and name(s) of the author(s)
- Footer information: Page X of Y
The abstract should be ordered according to the following sections:
- Author(s): number of authors is not limited. Indicate the two surnames followed by the first name separated by semicolons. The name of the author who will present the poster should be underlined.
- Affiliation: the name of the department and center where the authors work, as well as the city and country should be included.
- Key words: three (terms preferably taken from the Medical Subject Headings of Index Medicus or contrasted in the scientific or medical literature).
- Title: In capital letters. Maximum two lines.
- Abstract: Structured in the following sections with a maximum of 400 words:
- Material and Method
The headings of each section of the abstract should be highlighted in bold.
The abstract should be written considering the following criteria:
- If abbreviations are used, the full term followed by the abbreviation should precede its first use.
- Generic names of drugs should be used.
- The body of the abstract should contain all the information in the different sections in an orderly and complete manner.
- Abstracts with erasures, abbreviations or amendments will not be accepted.
Posters accepted by the Evaluation Committee will be exhibited in the area of the congress designated for this purpose throughout the duration of the Congress.
The author(s) will be responsible for the printing and placement of the poster in the exhibition area, for attending during the exhibition, and for removing them once the congress is over (September 21st, 2023).
- Poster placement:
- Wednesday, September 20th, 2023 from 9:30 am to 11:30 am
- Poster presentations:
- Wednesday, September 20th, 2023 from 11:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Thursday, September 21st, 2023 from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Poster collection:
- Thursday, September 21st, 2023 from 17:30 to 18:30
Poster format admitted is A0 vertical (84.1 cm wide x 118.9 cm high).
Each space for placement will be numbered. The author or authors must place their presentation in the assigned number, communicated by the Organization together with the decision of acceptance of the poster. If the poster assignment number is not known, the Organization will be consulted.
Posters not printed according to the above specifications will be withdrawn and discarded.
NOTE: The poster presentation cannot be used as a promotional or marketing opportunity. No sales items, books, books, accessories or saleable items may be displayed on a poster.
BEST POSTER AWARD
A prize will be awarded for the best poster, based on scientific relevance, innovation, originality and presentation. All posters accepted by the Evaluation Committee that have complied with the recommendations given for their presentation will be eligible for the award.
The jury of the award will be formed by the Evaluation Committee.
Posters signed by an author who is also a member of the Evaluation Committee will be excluded from the competition.
The jury’s decision will be announced at the Cannabisforum congress on September 21, 2023 during the Award Ceremony. The jury’s decision is final.
The prize will consist of a diploma for all the authors of the poster and an economic endowment of 1,000 € to be delivered to the first signatory.
The winning paper will be published in Farmaespaña Industrial magazine.